Carmacks Enterprises Ltd. is a civil contractor, specializing in road and bridge construction and maintenance, in business for over 40 years. We are currently seeking seasonal Water Truck Operators's for our Saskatchewan Highways Division. This is for the 2020 construction season, with a start date of July, weather dependent. You must be physically fit and able to work long days, outdoors in hot/cold temperatures. We are seeking individuals who are reliable with a strong work ethic. We need team players with the desire to get the job done.
Reporting to the Highways Division Foreman, the Water Truck Driver's main focus is to distribute water ensuring that moisture content is kept to specifications. The operator will consult with the Foreman daily regarding production needs and paving plan in order to determine priorities. They are responsible to maintain all necessary log books and operate equipment in a safe manner following all rules of the road.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate and drive Water Truck for shift operations as directed
- Performs daily inspection and maintenance and ensures that Truck is in safe, proper working order including fluid checks and proper lubrication
- Fill truck tank with water, spray water in designated areas
- Monitor vehicle performance, fluid levels, and mechanical fitness
- Follows all safety, compliance, and environmental requirements in alignment with company standards
- Maintain all necessary log books and operate equipment in a safe manner following all rules of the road
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Operate on public or private roadways, maintaining proper awareness of ones’ surroundings
- Ensure company equipment is operated in a safe manner and in accordance with Carmacks Equipment maintenance practices.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Complete daily safety documentation.
- Ideal candidates will have minimum 1 year of experience operating a Water Truck, however training may be provided
- Have fundamental understanding of road construction materials and practices
- Minimum Class 3 Drivers license with a clean driving record
- Class 1 would be considered an asset
- Less than 6 demerits (province specific)
- No suspensions or convictions in the past 3 years
- You must be physically fit, able to work long hours outdoors
- Overtime and weekend work is required
- Minimum Class 5 License with a reliable vehicle
Carmacks Enterprises Ltd.
Since 1974, the Carmacks organization has grown from a small municipal road contractor to a multi-faceted general civil construction service and highway maintenance organization handling all aspects of heavy civil construction, operating throughout Western Canada.
The scope of projects undertaken by Carmacks over the years has varied from small asphalt repairs in earlier times, to today’s contracts of multi-million dollar value with parallel degrees of complexity. Work undertaken varies from small, short term jobs to P3 contract/maintenance projects which extend over 30 years. Our acquired work is the result of the public tender process along with directly negotiated contracts with the private sector. We enjoy numerous relationships with customers who continually contract our organization to ensure professional, market priced, quality construction services.
The nature of services performed includes highway construction, highway maintenance, industrial site construction, bridge construction repair and maintenance, municipal construction, aggregate supply as well as other related heavy civil projects.
Carmacks Group is managed by a team of dedicated, long term employees, each with their own area of expertise. Our workforce combines skilled and experienced project managers, estimators, supervisors, operators and labourers into the team required to complete projects to the most exacting standards. Today we have over 300 employees, all contributing to the success of the organization.