We are looking to strengthen our team with a VP, Finance / CFO to further support our company’s global operations.
This position is responsible for all the accounting, financial reporting, regulatory reporting, tax planning and tax compliance for the company’s International business activity. Working cross functionally to manage and improve business processes, this person will work with External Auditors and accountants to ensure that the company’s financial results are appropriately reported, and, in addition will work with lending organizations on a global basis to ensure on-going sufficient funds to ensure continued growth.
Centralized in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, this VP Finance / CFO will also be responsible for:
- Forecasting, budgeting and financial statement accuracy, International compliance and profitability
- Implement internal controls, policies and processes and ensure effective execution across all International regions
- Provide financial planning and analysis, insight, initiatives and controls that contribute to well-substantiated sustainability and growth
- Ensuring effective capital structure and International tax optimization, coordinating audits and proper filling of International tax returns
- Strategic cost management, planning and forecasting
- Financial services, including: banking, payments and foreign exchange
The most vital component to this position is your understanding and experience with International business.
At some point in your career, you have been involved with a public company and understand the pressures of reporting. Most importantly, you have a professional respect for quality financial information and exceptional attention to detail.
We are looking for someone very process driven who will provide accurate and detailed reporting, and, working with the Finance Directors from each region, you will ensure your teams from across the globe are doing so as well.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will also possess:
- The proven ability to identify, resolve and circumvent financially related issues
- Professional intuition to business needs with the ability to tactfully present ideas to the Executive team
- Proactive thinking ability in a currently reactive environment
- Strong functional leadership and the ability to work with operations
- Concise communicator, diplomatic and even keeled, mature and level headed