Position Type: Full Time
Department: Product Development Manager
The VoIP Systems Developer contributes to the strategic objectives of the Premises and Hosted Voice product team by developing, testing, and supporting company hosted voice applications and infrastructure to meet the demands of our clients in the hospitality industry. As part of an agile development team you will maintain platform stability through regular maintenance and operations tasks while squashing bugs and developing new features to contribute to the evolution of our products and services. Premises and Cloud-hosted services include: auto-attendant, voicemail, e-fax, PBX, Call accounting, monitoring, and integrations with various property management applications.
- Design and develop scalable solutions to deliver reliable SIP services to a multitude of distributed endpoints including on premise Call Processing Servers, SIP proxy servers, handsets, and soft-phones.
- Enhance and maintain existing code and participate in design reviews and code reviews with other team members.
- Create custom provisioning tools to automate configuration of voice stack
- Participate in projects intended to improve infrastructure, including the integration of new systems and software
- Draft technical documentation
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to deployment and support teams
- Work with the Production Services and Support leaders towards keeping Service Availability above target.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Tools and Technologies used include:
- SIP protocol and its use in VOIP Services
- SIP proxies and/or SIP PBXs preferably open source products like Kamailio (OpenSER), FreeSWITCH, Asterisk, and FreePBX etc.
- Networking with Switches, Routers, Firewalls, IPSs and Security Appliances
- Programming experience with PHP / Perl / JAVA / C and custom modules with open source products
- Relational Databases ( MySQL), JDBC / ODBC
- Linux server operations, deployment and performance monitoring and shell scripting
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Problem solver that can work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a constantly changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and focused on excellence in service delivery.
Education / Training:
- University degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
Mandatory Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of software design best practices.
- Highly proficient in PHP, Perl and use of Asterisk.
- Proficient using source code management systems.
- Proficient understanding of SIP, MGCP, H323.
- Strong understanding of a hosted, highly available environment.
- Proficient with configuring Asterisk, including writing dialplan and custom application code.
- Knowledge of common configuration methods of endpoints (TR-069, HTTPS, TFTP).
- Working knowledge of T1/E1/J1 interfaces, PRI/EuroISDN, CAS, R2 and other protocols.
- Working knowledge of Analog Telephony interfacing.
- Familiarity with Linux system administration.
- Familiarity with SQL Cluster configuration and administration (MariaDB/Galera a plus).
- Experience with a moderately complex AWS or similar environment, including: VPC, subnetting in AWS, managing EC2 instances.
- Experience with formal change management.
- 4+ years of experience developing VoIP Applications and Integrations.
Nice to have:
- Solid understanding of Telecommunications best practices.
- Working knowledge of SAN environments, a plus.
- Experience inspecting network traffic from a voice perspective a plus.
- Experience trouble shooting cooper, optical and wireless backbone a plus.
- Experience using Visio or similar applications to build network, telecom and call flow diagrams a plus.
- Experience configuring Kamailio SIP or similar server is a plus.
- Experience configuring Oracle Acme packet SBC is a plus.
- Experience with DevOps tools and methodologies, particularly with Puppet is a plus.
- Experience with various Property Management System (PMS) interfacing and development a plus.
- Experience with Hospitality Call Accounting interfacing a plus.
- Knowledge of wire shark or similar products a plus.
- Familiarity with enterprise monitoring and logging platforms (Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, etc) a plus.
- Familiarity with basic layer 2/3 networking, including subnetting, assigning IPs, etc. a plus.
GuestTek Interactive Entertainment Ltd
- GuestTek Interactive Entertainment Ltd
- Company Type
- Publicly Traded
- Company Size
- 201-500 employees
- Calgary, AB, CA
- Information Services & Technology
- Telecom & Wireless
- Company Website
- GuestTek Interactive Entertainment Ltd
- Company Jobs
- Jobs at GuestTek Interactive Entertainment Ltd