Carmacks Enterprises Ltd. is a civil contractor, specializing in road and bridge construction and maintenance, in business for over 40 years. We are currently seeking a seasonal Superintendent for our Saskatchewan Highways Division. This is for the 2020 construction season, with a start date of July, weather dependent.
This is for projects located in Tobin lake & Candle lake SK.
Reporting to the Highway Division Manager , you will be responsible for; managing the work crew, operators, and equipment, in a profitable and safe manner to meet the commitments of contracts/agreements. Additional responsibilities will include; daily on-site management of highway construction projects including site management, scheduling, materials and equipment procurement and management, personnel management and quality control.
General Description of Duties:
- Works to maintain excellent communications and working relationships within the organization as well as with contract owners, engineers, associated clients and suppliers
- Co-ordinates and schedules projects, equipment requirements, materials, supplies and subcontractors with the General Superintendent and advises Foreman of daily task and expected production
- Must be familiar with all project specifications and attend the job pre-planning meeting
- Coaches personnel as required on performance of duties and behavior on the work site
- Ensure health and safety standards meet legislated requirements and company policy ensuring that all start up, safety and tailgate meetings are completed on schedule and documented
- Ensure that all environmental guidelines and regulations are followed
- Ensure quality control by checking that ride, cross-fall and width are to specification
- Manages each project to result in contract specifications and standards meeting or exceeding requirements and quality products provided
- Where project results and/or job costing is off target, discusses with General Superintendent and Division Manager to determine the best course of action
- Keeps current of new industry trends, technology, equipment and techniques
- Identify and implement operational improvements and efficiencies
- Identify potential business opportunities/work with Carmacks management to follow up
- Minimum 10 years road construction experience
- 3 to 5 years supervisory experience, preferably as a Base Foreman or Superintendent
- Knowledge of Granular Base Course, Sub-grade prep, GBC laydown, survey and layout
- Minimum class 5 driver’s license
- You are reliable and have a strong work ethic
- You must hold a Class 5 Drivers License with a clean driving record
- Overtime and weekend work is required
Carmacks Enterprises Ltd.
Since 1974, the Carmacks organization has grown from a small municipal road contractor to a multi-faceted general civil construction service and highway maintenance organization handling all aspects of heavy civil construction, operating throughout Western Canada.
The scope of projects undertaken by Carmacks over the years has varied from small asphalt repairs in earlier times, to today’s contracts of multi-million dollar value with parallel degrees of complexity. Work undertaken varies from small, short term jobs to P3 contract/maintenance projects which extend over 30 years. Our acquired work is the result of the public tender process along with directly negotiated contracts with the private sector. We enjoy numerous relationships with customers who continually contract our organization to ensure professional, market priced, quality construction services.
The nature of services performed includes highway construction, highway maintenance, industrial site construction, bridge construction repair and maintenance, municipal construction, aggregate supply as well as other related heavy civil projects.
Carmacks Group is managed by a team of dedicated, long term employees, each with their own area of expertise. Our workforce combines skilled and experienced project managers, estimators, supervisors, operators and labourers into the team required to complete projects to the most exacting standards. Today we have over 300 employees, all contributing to the success of the organization.