Carmacks Enterprises Ltd. is a civil contractor, specializing in road and bridge construction and maintenance, in business for over 40 years. We are currently seeking a seasonal Foreman for our Saskatchewan Highways Division. This is for the 2020 construction season, with a start date of July, weather dependent.
This is for projects located in Tobin lake & Candle lake SK.
Reporting to the Highway Division Manager , you will be responsible for; managing the work crew, operators, and equipment, in a profitable and safe manner to meet the commitments of contracts/agreements. Additional responsibilities may include; daily on-site management of highway construction projects including site management, scheduling, materials and equipment procurement and management, personnel management and quality control.
General Description of Duties:
- Leads and manages the base crew operations ensuring that crews are trained and understand all aspects of Carmacks Quality Control Program. Quality is #1 priority
- Works to maintain and improve all working relationships within the organization as well as with contract owners, engineers, associated clients and suppliers
- Co-ordinates and schedules projects, equipment requirements, materials, supplies and subcontractors with the General Superintendent
- Calculate trucks required to ensure road productivity goals
- Liaise with management and staff to ensure that appropriate materials, including binder and aggregate, are available to ensure excellent quality product in a timely manner
- Develops and implements well defined work plans using manpower, equipment and materials most efficiently
- Ensures that all aspects of Carmacks Quality Control Program are understood and maintained on every project. Quality is #1 priority
- Ensures that all health and safety standards meet legislated requirements
- Minimum 5 years road construction experience
- 3 to 5 years supervisory experience, preferably as a Base Foreman
- Knowledge of Granular Base Course, Sub-grade prep, GBC lay-down, survey and layout
- Minimum class 5 drivers license
- You are reliable and have a strong work ethic
- You must hold a Class 5 Drivers License with a clean driving record
- Overtime and weekend work is required
Carmacks Enterprises Ltd.
Since 1974, the Carmacks organization has grown from a small municipal road contractor to a multi-faceted general civil construction service and highway maintenance organization handling all aspects of heavy civil construction, operating throughout Western Canada.
The scope of projects undertaken by Carmacks over the years has varied from small asphalt repairs in earlier times, to today’s contracts of multi-million dollar value with parallel degrees of complexity. Work undertaken varies from small, short term jobs to P3 contract/maintenance projects which extend over 30 years. Our acquired work is the result of the public tender process along with directly negotiated contracts with the private sector. We enjoy numerous relationships with customers who continually contract our organization to ensure professional, market priced, quality construction services.
The nature of services performed includes highway construction, highway maintenance, industrial site construction, bridge construction repair and maintenance, municipal construction, aggregate supply as well as other related heavy civil projects.
Carmacks Group is managed by a team of dedicated, long term employees, each with their own area of expertise. Our workforce combines skilled and experienced project managers, estimators, supervisors, operators and labourers into the team required to complete projects to the most exacting standards. Today we have over 300 employees, all contributing to the success of the organization.