The Etobicoke Children’s Centre is an accredited Children’s Mental Health organization in West Toronto. The ECC provides a continuum of mental health services for children, birth to twenty-one, with social, emotional, or behavioural problems and/or with autism, and their families.
START DATE: June 17, 2019 – August 9, 2019
DURATION OF JOB: 8 Weeks
(35 paid hours per week)
LOCATION: Main Site and Offsite locations
- Plan Daily Craft & Circle for the Children
- Purchase Snack and Craft Supplies
- Participate in Program Development & Evaluation
- Work with the Approved Agency Clinical & Personnel Policies
- Recognize and Participate in the Collaborative Nature of this position vis-à-vis the School Boards & Other Community Partners
- Word Processing Skills–Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Excellent Communication Skills – Oral and Written
- Excellent Organizational Skills, Attention to Detail
- Experience Working in Schools & Communities
- Knowledge/Experience with Adults & Children in a Group Setting
- Clinical Knowledge of Child Development & Parenting Issues, Child Management Support to Parents
- Knowledge of High Risk Communities, Sensitivity to Issues of Culture & Diversity
- A Second language in Swahili, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu and/or Somali would be an asset
- Active Listening Skills, a Perspective that Favours People’s Strengths
- As this job is partially funded by HRDC under the Canada Summer Jobs program, we specify that applicants must be 30 years of age and younger and hold Canadian Citizenship
- Reliable source of transportation required to travel between sites
- Willingness to Work Flexible Hours
The successful candidate will be required to have a satisfactory police check, including a vulnerable sector screening.
The Etobicoke Children's Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resume by May 20, 2019 through our online application system
Accommodations are made available for candidates with disabilities during our recruitment process. Should you require accommodation at any point within the application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Etobicoke Children's Centre
The ECC is an accredited Children’s Mental Health Centre located in West Toronto. The ECC’s staff are trained and skilled in providing effective mental health and autism services for children, youth and their families. The ECC’s services include workshops, consultation, training and treatment.