The Etobicoke Children’s Centre is an accredited Children’s Mental Health organization in West Toronto. The ECC provides a continuum of mental health services for children, birth to twenty-one, with social, emotional, or behavioural problems and/or with autism, and their families.
START DATE: June 24, 2019 – August 16, 2019
DURATION OF JOB: 8 Weeks
(35 paid hours per week)
LOCATION: Main Site and Offsite locations
Answer incoming lines in a friendly and professional manner. Direct calls to the appropriate person/program within The Etobicoke Children’s Centre. Provide basic program details as required (i.e. program, special event or meeting times/location, etc.)
Greet all visitors in a friendly and professional manner and direct them to the appropriate destination or waiting area.
Communicate with staff in a clear and precise manner (i.e. printer/photocopier issues, deliveries, etc.) through email and telephone system.
Maintain up to date information on program activities and special events, and share this information effectively with the rest of the Administration Team.
Ensure that the main reception area is kept tidy, and toys are cleaned and sanitized on a monthly basis.
Inform staff of couriered letters/packages received at reception via voice message or email.
Monitor activity in waiting area.
Work with other Administrative Support Persons and members of the Administration Team in order to ensure effective, up to date information is communicated.
Always present oneself and handle all situations in a calm professional manner and use available assistance as appropriate.
Comfortable working in groups with children on occasion.
Complete other administrative tasks that may be assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Positive attitude and dependable with strong initiative and the ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to work in a fast paced working environment is an asset
- An outgoing, warm and welcoming personality,
- Open minded, eager and willing to learn and improve oneself.
- Active Listening Skills
- As this job is partially funded by HRDC under the Canada Summer Jobs program, we specify that applicants must be 30 years of age and younger and hold Canadian Citizenship
- Reliable source of transportation required to travel between sites
- Willingness to Work Flexible Hours including Evening Work
The successful candidate will be required to have a satisfactory police check, including a vulnerable sector screening.
The Etobicoke Children's Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resume by May 20, 2019 through our online application system
Accommodations are made available for candidates with disabilities during our recruitment process. Should you require accommodation at any point within the application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Etobicoke Children's Centre
The ECC is an accredited Children’s Mental Health Centre located in West Toronto. The ECC’s staff are trained and skilled in providing effective mental health and autism services for children, youth and their families. The ECC’s services include workshops, consultation, training and treatment.