BrightPath Educational Support Services/Marlborough Day Nurseries is looking to fill Substitute Teacher Positions for Kindergarten programs at their Red Deer centers.
Substitute Teachers are required to cover the Certified Teachers role in the classroom for absences due to teacher training (that does not fall on scheduled Professional Development Days) and to cover occasional sick days as they occur. In the event of teacher training, absences are known well in advance and may be scheduled as such, however in the event of illness there may be very little advance warning, (probably only the night before). Candidates who can be flexible with their personal schedules in both of these circumstances are desirable.
Substitute Teacher Responsibilities:
- An ability to comply with written and oral instruction so that the regular teachers lesson plans are followed to ensure consistency and optimal learning for students
- Utilize a patient and kind demeanor to establish a friendly and welcoming environment where young students will have a sense of emotional safety
- Adapt teaching level and style to fit the learning style and abilities of students
- Maintain classroom management and supervision to maintain a positive and safe learning environment for students
- Work congenially alongside Teaching Assistants that may be assigned to students in the classroom
- Take attendance and maintain an orderly and tidy classroom setting
- A passion for working with children
- Strong interpersonal skills to gain trust and respect of children and their parents
- Demonstrate skills working as a team and enjoy a team environment
- The ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Must hold a B.Ed and an Alberta Teaching Certificate
- Demonstrated proficiency in the English language
- Current First Aid Certification
- A current Criminal Check & Vulnerable Sector screening (or willing to get)
- Prior experience within a Kindergarten setting is preferred.
Join the BrightPath team today!
…the Journey begins here
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
BrightPath is an innovative provider of early childhood education. We continuously examine new ways to bring the highest quality of care and development to our children while providing convenience, service and value to our families. With partnerships in curriculum, nutrition, technology and recreational fitness programming, BrightPath is committed to providing families with the very best care, programs and child development Canada has to offer.
Above all else, nothing should take precedence over the well-being and safety of our children. BrightPath is dedicated to providing the very best environment for children to play, grow and develop.