Carmacks Enterprises Ltd. is a civil contractor, specializing in road and bridge construction and maintenance, in business for over 40 years. We are currently seeking a seasonal Sign Person for our Saskatchewan Highways Division. This is for the 2020 construction season, with a start date of late June Early July
This is for projects located in Tobin lake & Candle lake SK.
The Sign Person will report to the Highways Base Superintendent, and will be responsible to install and maintain traffic control devices to provide safe passage for motorists through the work zone, as well as safeguarding the workers by separating the traffic from the area of work.
General Description of Duties:
- Providing and accommodating the least obstructed roadway for the motoring public
- Set up, reposition and dismantle traffic control signage i.e.) barricades, pylons, signage and digital message boards
- Remove or cover all traffic control signage at end of day or when traffic control is suspended
- Arrange for the rental and return of required signs
- Check and document all construction sites
- Some flagging may be required
- Minimum 1-3 Years of Traffic Accommodation experience
- Saskatchewan Work Zone Traffic Accommodation Certificate an asset
- Flagger Ticket considered an asset
- Ability to work continuously must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Possess a Class 5 driver’s license and provide a 5 year commercial abstract.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
This is a seasonal position, and successful candidate must be available to spend extended time away from home on a 24 & 4 basis. LOA will be provided to those who qualify.
Carmacks Enterprises Ltd.
Since 1974, the Carmacks organization has grown from a small municipal road contractor to a multi-faceted general civil construction service and highway maintenance organization handling all aspects of heavy civil construction, operating throughout Western Canada.
The scope of projects undertaken by Carmacks over the years has varied from small asphalt repairs in earlier times, to today’s contracts of multi-million dollar value with parallel degrees of complexity. Work undertaken varies from small, short term jobs to P3 contract/maintenance projects which extend over 30 years. Our acquired work is the result of the public tender process along with directly negotiated contracts with the private sector. We enjoy numerous relationships with customers who continually contract our organization to ensure professional, market priced, quality construction services.
The nature of services performed includes highway construction, highway maintenance, industrial site construction, bridge construction repair and maintenance, municipal construction, aggregate supply as well as other related heavy civil projects.
Carmacks Group is managed by a team of dedicated, long term employees, each with their own area of expertise. Our workforce combines skilled and experienced project managers, estimators, supervisors, operators and labourers into the team required to complete projects to the most exacting standards. Today we have over 300 employees, all contributing to the success of the organization.