Carmacks Enterprises Ltd. has over 45-years of local and relevant experience in the civil construction industry in Western Canada, servicing clients in municipal contracting, Highway construction, Bridge Construction and highway maintenance. Carmacks focuses on providing customer value, with a commitment to integrity while working in the spirit of partnership.
In 2012, Carmacks became part of Eurovia (a VINCI Company). Eurovia is a world leader in transportation infrastructure construction and urban development, with an industrial network for the production of aggregates and materials in support of road and rail infrastructure.
We are actively seeking a Senior Project Manager/Estimator for our Highways Division. Reporting to the Division Manager, this position is responsible for preparing detailed estimates/tenders, cost analysis, project execution and scheduling. Working with superintendents to ensure successful project completion, thereby contributing to the goals and profits of the company. This position is located in our Nisku Head Office.
- Oversees the tendering and awarding of sub-trade contracts;
- Review projects, analyzing and documenting estimated vs. actual costs, and the whole job – what was done, when, how, why. Use this data for estimating work/projects;
- Plan short- and long-term work/projects with the Division Team;
- Identify and implement efficiencies, process improvements and ways to save money;
- Prepares and manages project budgets.
- Review contracts concerning insurance and bonding, order bonding;
- Understands and administers the contractual agreement and ensure that the company conforms to the contract document;
- Develops overall project schedules and oversees the maintenance, progress, and issuance of schedule;
- Plan, organize and direct the preconstruction activities including the development of cost plans and the preliminary project schedule and budget;
- Understands all aspects of a project budget and deals with the owner/consultant on all cost issues;
- Project administration including pricing change orders, tracking requests for information and review drawings;
- Work with superintendents to manage projects including planning and organizing the crews and equipment, overseeing the work, and managing the client relationships;
- Identify, address and resolve issues and problems as or before they occur;
- Prepare progress reports and invoices for work completed;
- Work with management to develop annual target business strategies;
- Build relationships with present clients, promoting the company and its services, negotiating and entering into construction project contracts;
- Assess and provide accurate cost estimates;
- Ensure safety standards/training are in compliance with Corporate Safety Program;
- Ensures that all health and safety standards meet legislated requirements;
- CET or Diploma or degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant training
- Minimum 10 years of Base and Paving industry experience
- 10+ years of Project Management/coordination experience
- Training in project management
- Intermediate computer skills; working knowledge of Bid-2-Win estimating program would be an asset
- Minimum Class 5 Drivers licence
- A combination of education and experience will be considered
Carmacks offers competitive wages and a full benefit package including extended health, dental, vision care and life insurance as well as a Group RRSP with matching, share purchase program with matching, and service awards programs.
Carmacks Enterprises Ltd.
Since 1974, the Carmacks organization has grown from a small municipal road contractor to a multi-faceted general civil construction service and highway maintenance organization handling all aspects of heavy civil construction, operating throughout Western Canada.
The scope of projects undertaken by Carmacks over the years has varied from small asphalt repairs in earlier times, to today’s contracts of multi-million dollar value with parallel degrees of complexity. Work undertaken varies from small, short term jobs to P3 contract/maintenance projects which extend over 30 years. Our acquired work is the result of the public tender process along with directly negotiated contracts with the private sector. We enjoy numerous relationships with customers who continually contract our organization to ensure professional, market priced, quality construction services.
The nature of services performed includes highway construction, highway maintenance, industrial site construction, bridge construction repair and maintenance, municipal construction, aggregate supply as well as other related heavy civil projects.
Carmacks Group is managed by a team of dedicated, long term employees, each with their own area of expertise. Our workforce combines skilled and experienced project managers, estimators, supervisors, operators and labourers into the team required to complete projects to the most exacting standards. Today we have over 300 employees, all contributing to the success of the organization.