Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Process Engineer to join our team.
What is the role?
- Participation in HAZOP’s & HAZID’s with project stakeholders
- Completing conceptual and/or detailed process engineering designs for greenfield or brownfield projects
- Conducting design development and process simulations including providing process specifications for equipment and instrumentation
- Creating, reviewing and revising process deliverables like PFDs, P&IDs, Line Lists, and data sheets as well as supporting Plot Plan and Piping Layout development
- Developing design basis documents and reports such as Studies, DBM’s and EDS Reports
- Reviewing and applying relevant standards, regulations, codes and guidelines applicable for task, identify areas of deviation or concern
- Responsible for working within and following company work procedures, process technical guidelines, quality assurance plans, safety regulations and specific customer/project procedures.
- Interfacing and coordination between other discipline engineers and project management staff
- Preparing process engineering estimates, deliverables and assumptions for proposals
If you have an Engineering degree in Chemical Engineering, a Professional Engineer designation recognized by APEGA, and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, we want to hear from you!
What do we value?
- Preferably have experience in brownfield industrial projects
- Experience in oil & gas, oil sands, refinery and industrial projects
- A self-starter with strong leadership, technical, interpersonal, teamwork, communication and organizational skills
- High ethical and professional standards
- Experience with application of fluid mechanics, heat transfer and thermodynamics
- Experience with Design Basis development
- Ability to specify process equipment and instruments. Identify pros/cons of various design configurations
- Proven track record of managing and performing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- AFT Fathom simulation experience & Process safety
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces” for 7 of the past 8 years
- Capital is a company that values safety – we have worked 15+ years Lost Time Injury Free (since April 2004)
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching plan, sick leave, 100% company paid health benefits premiums and EFAP program
- Work life balance with flexible work schedules, including an option of a 4-day work week schedule
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with modern office facilities, free parking, conveniently located near amenities and public transit. Our office includes a games room and an exercise gym with change rooms and showers
- Opportunities to participate in Edmonton in many company sponsored extra-curricular events, including the Edmonton and Area Corporate Challenge
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.