- Design, development and technical content of the Controls project work.
- Produce CWP (Control system architecture design, electrical I/O and layout drawing design, written scope of work).
- Detailed control system design including discipline P&ID input, loop drawings, communication networks, shutdown key development and control philosophies.
- PLC programming, GE (Proficy, VersaPro, Logicmaster) and HMI programming and configuration including field commissioning and start-up.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work in one discipline/project/staff group.
- Maintain frequent contact with client, vendors, and internal staff.
- Plan, coordinate and prepare equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for a variety of equipment.
- Manage multiple ongoing facility projects, keeping track of daily progress and associated costs while implementing cost-control measures.
- Deliver high quality written documentation and engineering work packages.
- Minimum 5 years configuration and programming experience.
- Experience in PLC, HMI, and electrical design development for Oil & Gas and Pipeline facilities.
- Experienced with programming of newer generation (Rx3i) and legacy (9030/9070) GE PLCs; Experience with other PLC platforms (e.g. Rockwell, Schneider/Modicon) would be an asset.
- Field commissioning and start-up experience - high customer service mindset.
- Engineering work to be done in Calgary and then potentially travel approximately 50% of the time within Western Canada. Must have valid driver’s license.
- Engineering Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Automation, Instrumentation or Computer Science Engineering/Technology.
- Engineer (P.Eng.) accredited by APEGA or Technologist (CET, RET, or P.Tech.(Eng.)) accredited by APEGA/ASET, would be advantageous.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; both written and oral, in English.
Dynamysk is a Canadian enterprise specializing in delivering fully integrated life-cycle solutions in the industrial instrumentation, controls and electrical (ICE) disciplines. This includes all phases of a project from Engineering through Fabrication, Construction, Commissioning and Maintenance. Our foundation is a history of Determination, Dedication and Drive with respect to adding value to our client’s business within Canada and abroad. Dynamysk’s business execution model, domain and trademarked innovative solution expertise has proven to reduce project schedules, costs and risks for our clients.