Dynamysk is currently recruiting for a Senior Instrumentation - Engineer, Technologist or Tradesperson with solid experience to join our established team of professionals in Calgary and on customer site. This challenging opportunity will have you start working at a customer site where you will assist with assessing existing equipment for instrumentation needs and continue your work in Calgary with the design team.
- Act as a project customer interface on small to medium size projects;
- Review onsite equipment and subsystems for correct instrumentation and provide recommendations for additional instrumentation if required;
- Interface with other departments, project managers, engineers, designers, clients and vendors during all phases of projects to ensure a good working interface;
- Provide input to project cost estimates, schedule and progress reports;
- Create data sheets, instrument index, and size instruments in collaboration with other disciplines;
- Perform sizing calculations for flow meters and valves;
- Develop instrument MR packages, perform bid evaluation, and select instrument and control system equipment;
- Design instrument installation details;
- Authenticate drawings and documents as required;
- Review and mark-up vendor documentation;
- Provide technical support to clients;
- Provide construction support; and
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 10 years design, field / site experience;
- Direct progressive experience in design and troubleshooting required.
- Knowledge with PLC's / DCS's and third-party communications an asset.
- Able to adapt to various situations quickly, while adhering to daily deadlines.
- Strong software computer proficiencies - Word, Excel Access and Outlook.
- Superb communication, written, spoken, consultative.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Prefer 5+ years of experience in Oil/Gas, Manufacturing, Mining, Pulp and Paper.
- Registered with APEGA and/or ASET, P.Eng, CET, RET, P.Tech(Eng). Preferred.
Dynamysk is a Canadian enterprise specializing in delivering fully integrated life-cycle solutions in the industrial instrumentation, controls and electrical (ICE) disciplines. This includes all phases of a project from Engineering through Fabrication, Construction, Commissioning and Maintenance. Our foundation is a history of Determination, Dedication and Drive with respect to adding value to our client’s business within Canada and abroad. Dynamysk’s business execution model, domain and trademarked innovative solution expertise has proven to reduce project schedules, costs and risks for our clients.