Dynamysk is currently looking for a Senior Electrical / Automation Engineer.
The successful candidate must have excellent electrical and control design skills including experience in designing single line diagrams, power distribution systems, power cables, cable tray, lighting, grounding, equipment layouts, motor schematics, area classification, and design details. Knowledge of electric heat trace will be considered to be an asset. The candidate must be experienced leading a small design, delegating tasks, and mentoring junior members. The position requires a proficient knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) and the ability to work collaboratively with both electrical & controls team members and other disciplines.
- Interfacing with customers, project managers and engineering teams.
- Design of electrical systems in chemical and oilsands facilities. Plant systems include low to medium voltage cable systems, switching equipment, transformers and protection/control, as well as motor control, and grounding.
- Electrical design for both classified areas and non-classified areas
- Design drawings for construction of the physical components of automation systems including, but not limited to the following:
- DCS/PLC/SCADA/SIS Hardware Design
- Control Panel Layout and Design
- Loop Diagrams
- Low / medium voltage power distribution systems
- Grounding Layouts
- Motor Schematics
- I/O Wiring
- Architecture and Network Diagrams
- UPS Design
- Programing, commissioning and troubleshooting of DCS/PLC/SCADA/SIS systems.
- Review functional requirements and detail design specifications.
- Review and assist with the preparation of control narratives.
- Participate in P&ID, C&E and other design reviews.
- Deliver high quality written documentation and engineering work packages.
- High problem solving, and project execution know how.
- Visits to project sites and other design offices for project related activities, including commissioning and startup support.
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Automation, Instrumentation or Computer Science Engineering/Technology.
- Entrepreneurial work ethic.
- Knowledge of industry regulations, standards and practices.
- Broad understanding of instrumentation and control technology with common engineering tools and work processes.
- Experience with analytical, DCS/PLC/SCADA and SIS systems and system integration an asset.
- Ability to work proactively in a fast-paced team environment and work to timelines.
- Proven organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Extensive and exceptional customer service practices.
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- High level technical skills and willingness to learn.
- Willingness to travel; valid driver license required.
- Applicants with experience in Oil and Gas will be considered first.
Dynamysk is a Canadian enterprise specializing in delivering fully integrated life-cycle solutions in the industrial instrumentation, controls and electrical (ICE) disciplines. This includes all phases of a project from Engineering through Fabrication, Construction, Commissioning and Maintenance. Our foundation is a history of Determination, Dedication and Drive with respect to adding value to our client’s business within Canada and abroad. Dynamysk’s business execution model, domain and trademarked innovative solution expertise has proven to reduce project schedules, costs and risks for our clients.