Dynamysk is currently recruiting for an Advanced Process Control – Specialist with solid experience to join our established team of professionals in Calgary and on customer sites.
The Advanced Process Controls (APC) Specialist will be responsible for the technical design and implementation on projects that contain an APC component. The candidate is expected to travel 50% of the time between various client locations and/or offices.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to clients and projects teams on advanced process control design and implementation.
- Participate in the development of proposals and estimates for advanced process control optimizations projects.
- Provide design input to various projects for advanced process control techniques and implementation.
- Develop and implement optimization strategies for existing operations. Optimization implementation can include loop tuning, performance monitoring and advanced process/regulatory control.
- Participate in P&ID, C&E and other design reviews.
- Deliver high quality written documentation and engineering work packages.
- High problem solving and project execution know how.
- B. Sc. or B. Eng. Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Minimum seven years’ experience in deploying advance process control techniques
- A high degree of understanding of the interdisciplinary dependencies related to APC design
- Experience in process control optimization, audits, loop tuning and performance monitoring in various industries
- Experience in implementing energy and reagent usage reduction strategies
- Experience with process modeling applications
- Experience in tuning software
- Experience in DCS and PLC software
- Experience in implementation and commissioning of APC applications
- Good safety awareness
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Progressive success in engineering/technologist experience in high volume, fast-paced industrial environments.
- Able to adapt to various situations quickly, while adhering to daily deadlines.
- Strong software computer proficiencies - Word, Excel Access and Outlook
- Superb communication, written, spoken, consultative.
Dynamysk is a Canadian enterprise specializing in delivering fully integrated life-cycle solutions in the industrial instrumentation, controls and electrical (ICE) disciplines. This includes all phases of a project from Engineering through Fabrication, Construction, Commissioning and Maintenance. Our foundation is a history of Determination, Dedication and Drive with respect to adding value to our client’s business within Canada and abroad. Dynamysk’s business execution model, domain and trademarked innovative solution expertise has proven to reduce project schedules, costs and risks for our clients.