Carmacks Enterprises Ltd. is a civil contractor, specializing in road and bridge construction and maintenance, in business for over 40 years. We are currently seeking seasonal Roller/Packer Operators's for our Saskatchewan Highways Division. This is for the 2020 construction season, with a start date of July, weather dependent. You must be physically fit and able to work long days, outdoors in hot/cold temperatures. We are seeking individuals who are reliable with a strong work ethic. We need team players with the desire to get the job done. Job is located in Tobin Lake SK
Reporting to the Highways Division Foreman, The Roller/Packer Operator is responsible to operate a rubber tire or steel wheel asphalt roller to roll the asphalt mat to the desired compaction, ensuring full passes and coverage, and monitor temperature and quality of the mat.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operates roller machine to compress asphalt to maintain a smooth surface
- Works closely with foreman and other crew members to assist in paving operations
- Performs daily inspection and maintenance and ensures that roller is in safe, proper working order including fluid checks and proper lubrication
- Monitor all gauges and warning lights
- Follows all safety, compliance, and environmental requirements in alignment with company standards
- Keeps equipment clean and prepares equipment for transport on flatbed when needed
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
- Ideal candidates will have 1+ years of experience in Roller Operation and Asphalt work
- Fundamental understanding of road construction materials and practices an asset
- Tractor or Farm Equipment experience an asset
- Experience on highway crews is a strong asset
- You must be physically fit, able to work long hours outdoors
- Overtime and weekend work is required
- Class 5 License with a reliable vehicle
Carmacks Enterprises Ltd.
Since 1974, the Carmacks organization has grown from a small municipal road contractor to a multi-faceted general civil construction service and highway maintenance organization handling all aspects of heavy civil construction, operating throughout Western Canada.
The scope of projects undertaken by Carmacks over the years has varied from small asphalt repairs in earlier times, to today’s contracts of multi-million dollar value with parallel degrees of complexity. Work undertaken varies from small, short term jobs to P3 contract/maintenance projects which extend over 30 years. Our acquired work is the result of the public tender process along with directly negotiated contracts with the private sector. We enjoy numerous relationships with customers who continually contract our organization to ensure professional, market priced, quality construction services.
The nature of services performed includes highway construction, highway maintenance, industrial site construction, bridge construction repair and maintenance, municipal construction, aggregate supply as well as other related heavy civil projects.
Carmacks Group is managed by a team of dedicated, long term employees, each with their own area of expertise. Our workforce combines skilled and experienced project managers, estimators, supervisors, operators and labourers into the team required to complete projects to the most exacting standards. Today we have over 300 employees, all contributing to the success of the organization.