Reporting directly to the Global Human Resources Director, the Recruiting and HR Assistant is responsible for assisting with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties, along with assisting in the coordination of the general hiring process and for all open internal & external positions for Guest-tek’s offices in the US & Canada. This position also serves as a back-up to various functions in the office as needed.
Recruiting Assistance (for all new hires in Canada, US, and other areas as required)
- Assist in developing and/or updating job descriptions and posting to Guest-tek’s preferred recruiting websites.
- Reviewing resumes, Applicant pre-screening, and coordinating interview times with Managers.
- Assist in obtaining executive approvals for all new departmental Recruiting, Transfers, & New Hire requests.
- Conducting reference and security checks for all new hires as required.
- Sending out pre-employment testing as required.
- Responding to all applicant inquiries.
- Initiate onboarding process and conduct employee orientations.
- Conduct Exit Interviews
General HR Administration
- Processing all new hires and/or contractors & initiate onboarding process which includes updating & entering in all new hire information as needed.
- Act as Replicon Administrator and point of contact for employee Replicon concerns.
- Weekly filing to ensure that all employee records are kept to date (Manual and Electronic).
- Assisting in preparing offer letters, change letters, & other employee documents.
- General assistance with all employee requests.
- Provide back up to reception as needed.
- Gather global update information and compile into Monthly report on a weekly basis.
- Maintain an up-to-date Turnover report.
- Maintain Global Headcount reports, both for HR and Executive.
- Ensure Global Employee List and salary information is kept up to date on a weekly basis.
- Assist IT in keeping Active Directory up to date by providing a new hire, internal change, and turnover report each week.
- Generate reports for management and Executive on a regular basis as requested.
- Create Organizational Charts as requested.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Recruiting and/or HR Administration.
- Preferred: post-secondary education in a related field.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to deal with confidential information with a high degree of professionalism.
- Extremely detail oriented & strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Takes initiative to improve processes.
- Strong efficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio) an asset.