Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Project Engineer to join our team.
What is the role?
- Manage multiple assigned projects
- Manage project budgets and changes in a very dynamic work environment
- Continually manage cost, schedule, quality and safety of all projects in your portfolio
- Act as the main communication link between Capital and our Clients
- Plan, organize and direct the project teams
- Manage ongoing definition of the scope of work through changes and different engineering phases
- Provide leadership in the planning, development, acceptance, and delivery of engineering and project management deliverables
- Be responsible for presenting project decisions and recommendations to clients
If you have an Engineering degree, a Professional Engineer designation recognized by APEGA and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in Project Management (minimum 2 years of Canadian experience), we want to hear from you!
What do we value?
- Experience in Oil and Gas, mining and utilities facilities project engineering
- Proven track record of managing and performing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter with strong management, interpersonal, teamwork, problem solving, communication, multi- tasking and organizational skills
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces” for 7 of the past 8 years
- Capital is a company that values safety – we have worked 15+ years Lost Time Injury Free (since April 2004)
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching plan, sick leave, 100% company paid health benefits premiums and EFAP program
- Work life balance with flexible work schedules, including an option of a 4-day work week schedule
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with modern office facilities, free parking, conveniently located near amenities and public transit. Our office includes a games room and an exercise gym with change rooms and showers
- Opportunities to participate in Edmonton in many company sponsored extra-curricular events, including the Edmonton and Area Corporate Challenge
At Capital, we value strong communication skills and we would encourage applicants to present themselves in an optional 1-minute video introduction. Although not mandatory, this video introduction can help us identify those applicants who can best communicate with our teams and our clients. Click on the link to My1Min, sign in/register in a few seconds and follow the steps. You can use the camera on your laptop, desktop, or cell phone to record a short 1 minute video. You have full control over your own video and may delete it at any time, even after it is sent. You may record as many times as you wish until you choose to send your application. In the video presentation, we’d like you to briefly describe who you are and why you want to work with us. Our short-listed applicants will still be contacted for an in-person interview. Apply here:https://my1min.com/applicant/job-advertising/cab8118112e941fe8dd1dd11fa4b1667
Capital Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However, only those candidates considered for employment will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.