Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Project Engineer to join our team.
What is the role?
- Renew designs as Owner’s Engineer and provide feedback
- Responsible for leading engineering design for brownfield sustaining capital process plant projects
- Based on experience, the candidate will be expected to propose and implement standard and non-standard solutions to uniquely meet our client’s needs
- Manage multiple assigned brownfield sustaining capital projects
- Calgary based with transfer to 4x3 shift fly in/out from client site
- Prepare and modify engineer design basis and provide guidelines for detailed engineering
- Assist with inter-discipline coordination of design renews
- Respond to various engineering inquiries from plant site personnel and project stakeholders
- Manage outgoing definition of the scope of work through changes and different engineering phases
- Be responsible for presenting project decisions and recommendations to project stakeholders
If you have an Engineering degree, a Professional Engineer designation recognized by APEGA and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project Engineering (minimum 2 years of Canadian experience), we want to hear from you!
What do we value?
- Electrical and/or Automation background is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience in Oil and Gas, mining and utilities facilities project engineering
- Capability of initiating and supporting pragmatic field engineering solutions
- All candidates must be fluent in both written and spoken English
- Proven track record of managing and performing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter with strong management, interpersonal, teamwork, problem solving, communication, multi- tasking and organizational skills
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with renovated office facilities, free parking, conveniently located, nearby amenities and public transit
- Be part of a team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces” for 6 of the past 7 years
- Capital is a company that values safety – we have worked 14+ years Lost Time Injury Free (since April 2004)
- A work life balance with a 4-day work week schedule
This is a full-time temporary position located in Calgary with a transfer to client site in late summer/early fall 2019.
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.