Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oilsands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether we are in the field or back at our offices, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Piping Designer to join our team.
What is the role?
- Review project specifications, and technical practices, design instructions, plot plan, flow diagrams, and supplier information
- Performs manual/computer layouts using specifications, standard drawings, design instructions, plot plan, flow diagrams, line list and vendor information
- Draw and update Bill of Materials and Stress Sketches
- Communicates and interfaces with other engineering disciplines
- Complete manual/computer drawings and isometrics
- Check, back check, and/or also correct manual/computer drawings and isometrics
- Check other departments' design drawings and equipment drawings
- Update Process and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Update location control plan and/or General Arrangement Drawings
- Reports progress to the piping supervisor
- On assignment to the field, supports construction in drawing and specification interpretations, design modifications, scheduling, and system engineering punch and/or construction punch for client turnover and/or hydro-testing packages as required
If you are a junior to intermediate piping designer and a minimum of 4 years of relevant Canadian experience, we want to hear from you!
What do we value?
- Eligibility for the ASET/APEGA C.E.T. designation (or hire)
- A self-starter with strong leadership, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- High ethical and professional standards
- Ability to communicate with others and solve problems
- Proficient in piping design using SP3D and/or PDS
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently and under pressure
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces” for 6 of the past 7 years
- Capital is a company that values safety – we have worked 14+ years Lost Time Injury Free (since April 2004)
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching plan, sick leave, 100% company paid health benefits premiums and EFAP program
- Work life balance with flexible work schedules, including a 4-day summer work week schedule
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with modern office facilities, free parking, conveniently located near amenities and public transit. Our office includes a games room and an exercise gym with change rooms and showers
- Opportunities to participate in Edmonton in many company sponsored extra-curricular events, including the Edmonton and Area Corporate Challenge
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.