Dynamysk Automation Ltd. is a fully integrated provider of automation and commissioning services throughout Western Canada.
We are currently recruiting for a talented Full Time Operational Technology (OT) Support Specialists for our client in northern Alberta.
The OT Specialists are embedded resources that monitor process automation OT systems and infrastructure, provide troubleshooting expertise, and implement enhancements as required by production, maintenance and engineering personnel. Some specific aspects of the role include:
1. Undertaking software and hardware support services for DeltaV Control Systems and other PLC/SCADA systems (these systems encompass a variety of major suppliers such as Allen Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix, Siemens System 7, GE Fanuc, GE D20/D200, etc.);
2. Installing DeltaV network system components (Operator/Engineering Workstations, Application Workstations, and ProPlus Server);
3. Installing, and maintaining PLC/SCADA configuration software (RSLinx, Complicity Machine Edition, etc.);
4. Installing, configuring, and maintaining of Interfaces between 3rd party Control Systems and DeltaV Distributed Control System through technologies such as OPC DA/HDA/A&E, DNP3, DeviceNet, ModBus, file parsing, databases and others;
5. Performing proactive monitoring using The Company’s developed Standard Work Practices employing technologies such as virus protection, patch management, and SNMP monitoring;
6. Performing hardware and software upgrades, backups, and restores, using both Veeam and Acronis software;
7. Performing control database maintenance and process historian administration;
8. Monitoring the virtual server environment (Nutanix, DELL, HP, etc.) and where required coordinate with SME’s and/or vendors to troubleshoot any hardware and software issues;
9. Performing maintenance activities on Virtualization infrastructure and Storage Attached Network hardware such as DELL EMC Data Domain 2500;
10. Managing, maintaining, and monitoring Active Directory Infrastructure, where third party ICSS application reside;
11. Managing monitoring applications such as Claroty, SolarWinds, and Splunk – Running and reviewing reports as required;
12. Undertaking weekly, monthly, and annual PMs to ensure the reliable operation of the process control system infrastructure;
13. Continuously evaluating the existing systems for reliability and effectiveness;
14. Providing documentation and training support to the I&C and Maintenance personnel;
15. Researching, troubleshooting and resolving identified systems issues; and
16. Ensuring system security and providing ongoing firewall management.
- Minimum 5 years DeltaV experience
- DeltaV Implementation I and II Certification
- Emerson AMS Device Manager Certification
- Server Buildup
- OPC Interfacing Protocol Configuration/Troubleshooting
- MODBus Interfacing Protocol Configuration/Troubleshooting
- Microsoft HyperV Virtualization Experience
- VMWARE Vsphere Virtualization Experience
- LAN Design and Troubleshooting
- Firewall Management and Configuration
- Direct progressive experience in design, assembly, integration, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning DCS systems.
- Progressive success in engineering/technologist experience in high volume, fast-paced industrial environments.
- Able to adapt to various situations quickly, while adhering to daily deadlines.
- Strong software computer proficiencies - Word, Excel Access and Outlook
- Superb communication, written, spoken, consultative.
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Automation, Instrumentation or Computer Science Engineering/Technology Diploma.
- Prefer 5+ years of experience in Oil/Gas, Manufacturing, Mining, Pulp and Paper.
Dynamysk is a Canadian enterprise specializing in delivering fully integrated life-cycle solutions in the industrial instrumentation, controls and electrical (ICE) disciplines. This includes all phases of a project from Engineering through Fabrication, Construction, Commissioning and Maintenance. Our foundation is a history of Determination, Dedication and Drive with respect to adding value to our client’s business within Canada and abroad. Dynamysk’s business execution model, domain and trademarked innovative solution expertise has proven to reduce project schedules, costs and risks for our clients.