Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oilsands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether we are in the field or back at our offices, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Designer to join our team.
What is the role?
- Prepare engineering drawings of building mechanical systems in compliance with project standards & specifications
- Review project specifications, and technical practices & design instructions
- Communicate and interface with other engineering disciplines
- Perform 3D modeling of mechanical systems in Revit
- Check and coordinate with other disciplines to ensure alignment of designs
- Work with mechanical engineer in the preparation construction work packages
If you are a junior to intermediate designer and with 3-10 years of relevant Canadian experience, we want to hear from you!
What do we value?
- Familiarity with building codes, plumbing codes, CSA & ASHRAE standards
- Eligibility for the ASET/APEGA C.E.T. designation (or better)
- A self-starter with strong leadership, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- High ethical and professional standards
- Ability to communicate with others and solve problems
- Proficient in mechanical HVAC design using Revit and AutoCAD/Microstation
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently and under pressure
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces” for 6 of the past 7 years
- Capital is a company that values safety – we have worked 14+ years Lost Time Injury Free (since April 2004)
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching plan, sick leave, 100% company paid health benefits premiums and EFAP program
- Work life balance with flexible work schedules, including a 4-day summer work week schedule
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with modern office facilities, free parking, conveniently located near amenities and public transit. Our office includes a games room and an exercise gym with change rooms and showers
- Opportunities to participate in Edmonton in many company sponsored extra-curricular events, including the Edmonton and Area Corporate Challenge
This is a full-time permanent position located in Edmonton.
For more information on Capital Engineering, please visit us online at
www.capitaleng.ca or Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/capitaleng/ or LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/capital-engineering-partnership-/
Capital Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However, only those candidates considered for employment will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.