Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
What is the role?
- Responsible for leading mechanical engineering design for brownfield sustaining capital process plant projects
- Based on experience, the candidate will be expected to propose and implement standard and non-standard solutions to uniquely meet our client’s needs
- Provide guidance and support to the mechanical and piping teams
- Prepare and modify mechanical design basis and provide guidelines for detailed engineering
- Review, comment and P.Eng stamp piping specifications and drawings
- Assist with and/or prepare project mechanical standards and specifications
- Assist with coordination and preparation of key mechanical engineering project documents including mechanical equipment lists, mechanical data sheets, mechanical bid documents, and equipment evaluations and selection
- Determine and recommend quality assurance inspection requirements for mechanical equipment
- Assist with inter-discipline coordination of mechanical equipment review
- Respond to various mechanical engineering inquiries from plant site personnel
- Review selection of type, model, and manufacturer of mechanical equipment to minimize project cost and schedule while maximizing facility reliability and maintainability
- Prepare mechanical engineer man hour estimates
- Prepare ABSA submissions for piping designs requiring registration
If you have an Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering, a Professional Engineer designation recognized by APEGA, and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, we want to hear from you!
What do we value?
- Wide knowledge in various fields of mechanical engineering, including pressure piping, pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, field heaters, furnaces, rotating pumps, and specialty mechanical equipment
- All candidates must be fluent in both written and spoken English
- Experience in oil and gas, mining and utilities facilities projects
- A self-starter with strong technical, interpersonal, teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience in piping (ASME B31.1/3), Tanks (API 12, 620, 650) & pressure vessels codes (ASME Section 8 Div 1)
- Pipe stress analysis familiarity is an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with renovated office facilities, free parking, conveniently located, nearby amenities and public transit
- Be part of one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces”
- Exercise gym and games room with change rooms and showers, including treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals, universal gyms and free weights
- A work life balance with flexible work schedules, including a 4-day summer work week schedule
- Opportunities to participate in Edmonton in many company sponsored extra-curricular events including Edmonton’s Corporate Challenge
This is a permanent position located in Edmonton. Capital Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However, only those candidates considered for employment will be contacted.
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.