Position Title: Marketing Director
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Calgary, AB
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Marketing Director is responsible for creating and managing the marketing budget and overall marketing plan. The Marketing Director will ensure that marketing requests are managed against priority, need, and budget. Using the who-what-when list to guide process and accountability, the marketing director will set expectations and manager workflow to meet needs. Uses CRM to track efforts and measure ROI where applicable. The Marketing director will manage outside contractors (graphics, social media, events), allocate vendor MDF and Co-Op funds, and review and approve marketing spending/invoices.
- Work with product managers and sales to develop successful marketing strategy
- With input from product managers and sales, work with graphic designer to create sell sheets, presentations, and other materials -write copy inhouse
- Maintain documents on Sharepoint
- Own all aspects of Customer Advisory Board interactions
- Manage GuestTek's participation in both hotel and industry sponsored events
- Fully execute annual Customer Advisory Board meeting
- Conceptualize and manage GuestTek's participation in HITEC --work with product and sales on messaging, build, installation, etc.
- Maintain relationships with clients and organize sponsorships for events
- Ensure all marketing materials meet GuestTek brand standards
- Conduct research with sales to determine winning strategies-- understand market trends and customer needs
- Follow competitors and track their strategies
- Manage creation of general company collateral, such as 20th Anniversary materials and trade show graphics
- Write/review copy as needed
- Guide collateral creation as requested by brands, to include in-room materials, signage, etc.
- Write and distribute "Ring the Bell" communications for large sales
- Assist with company-wide announcements as requested
- Write and distribute Press Releases
- Manage online presence to ensure content is updated and consistent with corporate standards
- Work with contractor to promote GuestTek via Social Media
- Update website as needed
- Create and disseminate emails via HubSpot
- Post-secondary education with a full understanding of industry, company and customer sales principles.
- Degree in Marketing/Communications/Public Relations with at least three years’ experience.
- Minimum 3 years global marketing experience
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Understanding of client/server and Web services applications an asset.