Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oilsands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sectors throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management and multi-discipline engineering/design in order to efficiently support sustaining capital projects from engineering to construction support to C&SU activities. Whether we are in the field or back at our offices, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Electrical Designer to join our team.
What is the role?
- Design of electrical project deliverables for electrical systems
- Assist the design team and Clients with SmartPlant Electrical support
- Execute relevant project design calculations utilizing applicable vendor software packages and/or calculation spreadsheets
- Coordinate electrical design activities with other disciplines (Piping, Civil, Mechanical, Process, Automation, etc.)
- Ensure consistency and integrity of electrical designs throughout project life cycle and review designs for logic, functionality and conformity with relevant codes, regulations and client standards
- Work as a part of a team to provide quality deliverables while achieving deadlines
- Support projects from site for design and construction support when required
What do we value?
- Minimum 3+ years of experience
- Knowledge and experience in various fields of industrial (oil and gas, mining and utilities) electrical design
- Knowledge and experience with various software and database (AutoCAD, MicroStation, SmartPlant, etc)
- Capability to efficiently shift between multiple projects of varying scopes
- Candidates must be fluent in both written and spoken English and competent to liaise with clients and contractors
- A self-starter with strong technical, interpersonal, teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces” for 7 of the past 8 years
- Capital is a company that values safety – we have worked 15+ years Lost Time Injury Free (since April 2004)
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching plan, sick leave, 100% company paid health benefits premiums and EFAP program
- Work life balance with flexible work schedules, including an option of a 4-day work week schedule
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with modern office facilities, free parking, conveniently located near amenities and public transit. Our office includes a games room and an exercise gym with change rooms and showers
- Opportunities to participate in Edmonton in many company sponsored extra-curricular events, including the Edmonton and Area Corporate Challenge
This is a full-time permanent position located in Edmonton.
For more information on Capital Engineering, please visit us online at
Capital Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for submitting their resume.However, only those candidates considered for employment will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.