Visual-Eyes is an industry leading practice management software for the eye care industry in Canada. We have been in business over 20 years and are looking for a new Junior Application Developer to join our Red Deer team. The Junior Developer’s starting focus is entry level development tasks, unit testing, and data conversions.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Receives customer data for conversion to Visual-Eyes
- Reviews and assesses data for transfer
- Runs pre-conversion and provides data to customer for verification and checking
- Tracks times, both for scheduling and reporting purposes
- Fixes and makes adjustments as needed
- Processes final conversion and performs any post fixes
- Communicates with Practice Consultants who manage customer relationship
- Uses Agile SCRUM methodology
- Participates in daily stand-ups
- Communicates with the Lead Developer to review priorities, clarify needs and receives approval for which defects or features will be addressed
- Assesses, analyzes and determines how the development will impact customers
- Tracks development time
- Creates unit tests
- Stays on top of e-mail correspondence
- Performs a variety of other projects and assignments as required.
- Visual object oriented programming
- Development experience
- SQL, Delphi, Git, and/or Bitbucket experience is a great asset
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent
Competencies (skills, abilities, knowledge):
- Communication – verbal and written
- Logical Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving / Trouble shooting
- Technical – computer / development skills
- Attention to detail / Accuracy
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a relaxed corporate atmosphere, several staff and family events each year, encourage a healthy work-life balance, and offer health benefits and group RSPs. Please reply with your resume, cover letter, and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.