Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oilsands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether we are in the field or back at our offices, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Structural Engineer to join our team.
What is the role?
- Act as a key contact for clients and represent the company in client interactions
- Write scopes of work, studies, and specifications as required
- Prepare engineering calculations and design concepts including dynamic analysis and design of structures and foundations
- Provide guidance to and review the work of other Engineers and Designers
- Provide input on projects for Civil/Structural discipline & collaborate with other departments
- Coordinate, draft, review and finalize technical documents on projects
- Provide technical support on site during construction
- Assume Lead Engineer role on assigned projects
- Prepare hour estimates for project proposals
- Perform site visits and inspections at client facilities
If you have an Engineering degree in Civil engineering, a Professional Engineer designation recognized by APEGA, and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, we want to hear from you!
What do we value?
- Experience in oil & gas, oilsands, refinery and industrial projects
- A self-starter with strong leadership, technical, interpersonal, teamwork, communication and organizational skills
- High ethical and professional standards
- Good computer skills – Structural modeling using engineering software such as STAAD-Pro, S-Frame, and DYNA6
- Proven track record of managing and performing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with renovated office facilities, free parking, conveniently located, nearby amenities and public transit
- Be part of one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces”
- Exercise gym and games room with change rooms and showers, including treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals, universal gyms and free weights
- A work life balance with flexible work schedules, including a 4-day summer work week schedule
- Opportunities to participate in Edmonton in many company sponsored extra-curricular events including Edmonton’s Corporate Challenge
This is a full-time permanent position located in Edmonton.
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.