Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Mechanical Piping Engineer to join our team.
What is the role?
- Provides technical support in the areas of piping engineering to internal and external stakeholders
- Provides design and analysis of piping systems from concept to issue of final engineering documents; including conceptual and detailed design according to applicable codes and standards, engineering calculations, piping stress analysis, process hazard assessment and creation and approval of documentation and reports.
- Reviews engineering work from junior members and providing technical expertise and mentorship.
- Advocating and supporting client Professional Practice Management Plan and Management of Change process and workflows; including supervision of junior engineering work, review of other engineer’s work, process hazard analysis, field review and authentication of documents.
- Participating in HAZOP, What-if, P&ID reviews, incident reviews and other related quality and safety tasks.
- Participating in business initiatives such as operational integrity improvements, workflow alignment, technology assessment, regulatory compliance and advocacy, cost savings assessments, etc.
- Contributing to client’s Piping Engineering standards, including the development and review of specifications, standards and best practices.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for operating cost reduction and optimization while maintaining appropriate attention on total life cycle costs
If you have an Engineering degree in Mechanical engineering, a Professional Engineer designation recognized by APEGA, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design of oil sands facilities in Alberta, we want to hear from you!
What do we value?
- Preferably have experience in Oil Sands Tailings projects
- Experience in oil & gas, oil sands, refinery and industrial projects
- High familiarity with ASME Piping codes (B31.3/B31.4)
- A self-starter with strong leadership, technical, interpersonal, teamwork, communication and organizational skills
- High ethical and professional standards
- Experience in piping support design and stress analysis for operational facilities
- Experience in sizing and selecting piping equipment (valves, process equipment, etc.) for operational facilities
- Experience in troubleshooting complex piping operational issues
- Proven track record of managing and performing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation
- Work in a positive and safe work environment
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Be part of one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces”
- All expenses will be reimbursed for travel and accommodations
This is a term project assignment for up to 1 year on a 4x3 rotation located in our client’s site in Northern Alberta.
For more information on Capital Engineering, please visit us online at
Capital Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However, only those candidates considered for employment will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.