Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oilsands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sectors throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management and multi-discipline engineering/design in order to efficiently support sustaining capital projects from engineering to construction support to C&SU activities. Whether we are in the field or back at our offices, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Intermediate Instrumentation Designer to join our team.
What is the role?
- Prepare construction and engineering budgets/estimates
- Prepare Instrument Indexes and Datasheets, including sizing and selecting control valves, specifying field instruments; and specialty process measuring equipment
- Have knowledge or experience with Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs)
- Prepare instrument drawings such as locations, installation details, loop, cabinets, junction boxes, control system architecture and hardware drawings
- Perform instrument procurement activities
- Prepare construction tender packages contract document
If you have a minimum of 6 Years related experience in Oil and Gas (Canadian experience an asset), we want to hear from you!
What do we value?
- P&ID development
- Control valve sizing and selection, Flow Meter sizing and selection
- Instrument Installation Details
- INtools & AutoCAD
- Loop drawing development and Instrument index development
- PSV sizing and selection
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or Technologist would be an asset
- Site commissioning experience would be an asset
- Specify and design process distributed control systems (DCSs) an asset
- Specify and design programmable logic controllers (PLCs) an asset
- Ability to configure/program control systems would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces” for 7 of the past 8 years
- Capital is a company that values safety – we have worked 15+ years Lost Time Injury Free (since April 2004)
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching plan, sick leave, 100% company paid health benefits premiums and EFAP program
- Work life balance with flexible work schedules, including an option of a 4-day work week schedule
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with modern office facilities, free parking, conveniently located near amenities and public transit. Our office includes a games room and an exercise gym with change rooms and showers
- Opportunities to participate in Edmonton in many company sponsored extra-curricular events, including the Edmonton and Area Corporate Challenge
This is a full-time permanent position located in Edmonton.
Capital Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for submitting their resume.
However, only those candidates considered for employment will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.