Carmacks Enterprises Ltd. is a civil contractor, specializing in road and bridge construction and maintenance, in business for over 40 years. We are currently seeking seasonal General Labourer's for our Saskatchewan Highways Division. This is for the 2020 construction season, with a start date of July, weather dependent. You must be physically fit and able to work long days, outdoors in hot/cold temperatures. We are seeking individuals who are reliable with a strong work ethic. We need team players with the desire to get the job done.
Reporting to the Highways Division Foreman, the Labourer's main focus is to support the Highway's construction production, becoming a key player within the crew.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You are able to operate equipment and machinery such as jackhammers, bobcats and small hand tools
- Assist skilled trades people and perform a wide range of tasks at construction sites
- Loading, unloading, identifying, and distributing materials and equipment
- Cleaning and preparation of construction sites
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed
- Previous labour experience in construction an asset
- You are reliable and have a strong work ethic
- You must be physically fit, able to work long hours outdoors
- You must hold a Class 5 Drivers License with a clean driving record
- Overtime and weekend work is required
- Class 5 License with a reliable vehicle
Carmacks Enterprises Ltd.
Since 1974, the Carmacks organization has grown from a small municipal road contractor to a multi-faceted general civil construction service and highway maintenance organization handling all aspects of heavy civil construction, operating throughout Western Canada.
The scope of projects undertaken by Carmacks over the years has varied from small asphalt repairs in earlier times, to today’s contracts of multi-million dollar value with parallel degrees of complexity. Work undertaken varies from small, short term jobs to P3 contract/maintenance projects which extend over 30 years. Our acquired work is the result of the public tender process along with directly negotiated contracts with the private sector. We enjoy numerous relationships with customers who continually contract our organization to ensure professional, market priced, quality construction services.
The nature of services performed includes highway construction, highway maintenance, industrial site construction, bridge construction repair and maintenance, municipal construction, aggregate supply as well as other related heavy civil projects.
Carmacks Group is managed by a team of dedicated, long term employees, each with their own area of expertise. Our workforce combines skilled and experienced project managers, estimators, supervisors, operators and labourers into the team required to complete projects to the most exacting standards. Today we have over 300 employees, all contributing to the success of the organization.