LoKnow is changing the way digital ads are created and updated through software that you will play a major role in building. We’re looking for a talented, independent and enthusiastic Python developer as we expand our technology and capabilities in Edmonton. As the Lead – Technology & Development in Edmonton, you’ll work closely with the Manager – Technology & Development to write and optimize our technologies. This is a 1 year full-stack contract that’s primarily backend to be renewed annually as needed.
We are hiring a team of four developers with varied levels of experience.
- Writes clean, elegant backend code that is functional, maintainable, and scalable
- Designs, improves, and updates software and databases
- Participates in architectural design sessions
- Writes documentation of software
- Uses testing methodologies to test and improve software
- Provides feedback to management on system development and processes
- Stays up to date with the latest industry and technology trends
If you are detail oriented, have strong problem-solving skills, a keen interest in digital marketing, and the know-how to work on a project from start to finish, you’ll fit right in. Important traits are curiosity, a desire to learn and a willingness to keep up with industry tech and knowledge. You may be asked to manage and aid in various tasks as they arise.
What You Can Expect from Us
- Participation in our unlimited vacation policy
- Access to our excellent health and dental plan
- Access to the company-funded cell phone plan
- Access to company matching RRSP after one year
- Annual salary ranging from $40,000-70,000, dependent on experience
Diversity at LoKnow
We value the diversity of the people we hire. This means creating a workplace in which differences are recognized, appreciated and respected. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or other considerations. We encourage you to let us know if we can make any accommodations to support your application and throughout the hiring process.
Please apply on our website at loknow.com/careers with your cover letter and resume. Direct all correspondence to Anna Schuurman.
LoKnow (formerly Carto)
We’re LoKnow, a data and targeted-advertising company born and bred in Edmonton and branching out across the western provinces. We specialize in building the most efficient digital advertising campaigns imaginable and providing deep-data services. We work with some of the biggest brands across Canada and we make sure ads are seen by the right audience, in the right place, at the right time.
Why should you work here? We value the creativity and insight that each member of the team brings. This is an environment where your ideas and opinions will be respected. We value hard work, but we also know how to keep it light.