Carmacks Enterprises Ltd. is a civil contractor, specializing in road and bridge construction and maintenance, in business for over 40 years. We are currently seeking seasonal Flagger's for our Saskatchewan Highways Division. This is for the 2020 construction season, with a start date of July, weather dependent. You must be physically fit and able to work long days, outdoors in hot/cold temperatures. We are seeking individuals who are reliable with a strong work ethic. We need team players with the desire to get the job done.
Work Settings/Description of Environmental Hazard Encountered: Highways, city and county roads. Working around moving vehicles on roadways and around moving heavy equipment at road construction site.
Essential Functions: Must have strong verbal communication skills, ability to read and write, good eye-hand coordination, and the ability to quickly respond appropriately to unexpected events. Employees need to be able to work without direct supervision. As this job may require long periods of standing and being subjected to adverse weather conditions, it is important that the flagger be in good physical condition.
General Description of Duties:
- The worker controls movement of vehicular traffic through construction projects
- Discusses traffic plans and type and location of control points with Shift Supervisor
- Distributes traffic control signs and markers along site in designated pattern
- Directs movement of traffic through site, using sign, hand and flag signals
- Warns construction/utility workers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers
- Informs drivers of detour routes through work sites
- Current Flagger Ticket (May provide training)
- Prior experience and knowledge of paving process will be an asset
- Ability to work continuously for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions
- You are reliable and have a strong work ethic
- You must hold a Class 5 Drivers License with a clean driving record
- Overtime and weekend work is required
Carmacks Enterprises Ltd.
Since 1974, the Carmacks organization has grown from a small municipal road contractor to a multi-faceted general civil construction service and highway maintenance organization handling all aspects of heavy civil construction, operating throughout Western Canada.
The scope of projects undertaken by Carmacks over the years has varied from small asphalt repairs in earlier times, to today’s contracts of multi-million dollar value with parallel degrees of complexity. Work undertaken varies from small, short term jobs to P3 contract/maintenance projects which extend over 30 years. Our acquired work is the result of the public tender process along with directly negotiated contracts with the private sector. We enjoy numerous relationships with customers who continually contract our organization to ensure professional, market priced, quality construction services.
The nature of services performed includes highway construction, highway maintenance, industrial site construction, bridge construction repair and maintenance, municipal construction, aggregate supply as well as other related heavy civil projects.
Carmacks Group is managed by a team of dedicated, long term employees, each with their own area of expertise. Our workforce combines skilled and experienced project managers, estimators, supervisors, operators and labourers into the team required to complete projects to the most exacting standards. Today we have over 300 employees, all contributing to the success of the organization.