Carmacks Enterprises Ltd. is a civil contractor, specializing in road and bridge construction and maintenance, in business for over 40 years. We are currently seeking seasonal Finish Grader Operators's for our Highways Division for projects throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan. This is for the 2020 construction season, with a start date of ASAP. This position will require the candidate to work away from home. Hotel and or LOA will be provided. You must be physically fit and able to work long days, outdoors in hot/cold temperatures. We are seeking individuals who are reliable with a strong work ethic. We need team players with the desire to get the job done.
Reporting to the Highways Division Foreman, The Finish Grader Operator is responsible to pre-finish grade before paving.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Able to maintain and keep a slope of 2% and equalize material.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Operate grader controls to regulate height and angle of the grader blade.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Drive grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of other workers, to level the surface to the specified grade.
- Able to determine the depth of the cut.
- Operate Grader on public roadways, safely and efficiently, with continuous awareness of surroundings.
- Finish grade base surface preparation to within half an inch.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the grader.
- Ensure grader is in proper gear, and is not moving too fast for working conditions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of grades and interpret roadway plans and drawings.
- Ensure company equipment is operated in a safe manner and in accordance with Carmacks Equipment maintenance practices.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Complete daily safety documentation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience operating as a Finish Grader in the Road Construction Industry.
- Knowledge of construction methods, road construction materials, heavy equipment operation and industry requirements.
- You must be physically fit, able to work long hours outdoors
- Overtime and weekend work is required
- Minimum Class 5 License with a reliable vehicle
Carmacks Enterprises Ltd.
Since 1974, the Carmacks organization has grown from a small municipal road contractor to a multi-faceted general civil construction service and highway maintenance organization handling all aspects of heavy civil construction, operating throughout Western Canada.
The scope of projects undertaken by Carmacks over the years has varied from small asphalt repairs in earlier times, to today’s contracts of multi-million dollar value with parallel degrees of complexity. Work undertaken varies from small, short term jobs to P3 contract/maintenance projects which extend over 30 years. Our acquired work is the result of the public tender process along with directly negotiated contracts with the private sector. We enjoy numerous relationships with customers who continually contract our organization to ensure professional, market priced, quality construction services.
The nature of services performed includes highway construction, highway maintenance, industrial site construction, bridge construction repair and maintenance, municipal construction, aggregate supply as well as other related heavy civil projects.
Carmacks Group is managed by a team of dedicated, long term employees, each with their own area of expertise. Our workforce combines skilled and experienced project managers, estimators, supervisors, operators and labourers into the team required to complete projects to the most exacting standards. Today we have over 300 employees, all contributing to the success of the organization.