Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oilsands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sectors throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management and multi-discipline engineering/design in order to efficiently support sustaining capital projects from engineering to construction support to C&SU activities. Whether we are in the field or back at our offices, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Electrical Engineer to join our team.
What is the role?
- Design of electrical project deliverables, including Power Systems, Building Services and Fire Alarm
- Generate engineered drawings and material take offs for electrical systems from estimate through to detailed design phase
- Execute relevant project design calculations (battery sizing, cable sizing, circuit protection, etc.) utilizing applicable software packages and/or calculation spreadsheets
- Coordinate electrical design activities with other engineering disciplines (Piping, Civil, Mechanical, Process, etc.)
- Ensure consistency and integrity of electrical designs throughout project life cycle and review designs for logic, functionality and conformity with relevant codes, regulations and client standards
- Coordinate all quality assurance activities
- Perform pre-commissioning and start-up activities for electrical systems when required
- Support projects from site for design and construction support when required
If you have an Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, a recognized member of APEGA, and a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience, we want to hear from you!
What do we value?
- Knowledge in various fields of electrical engineering & design
- Experience in the use of drafting and modeling software and databases (AutoCAD, MicroStation, Navisworks, CADworks, Revit, SPEL, etc).
- Capability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Candidates must be fluent in both written and spoken English and portray an aptitude for communication
- Experience in oil and gas, mining and utilities facilities projects considered an asset
- A self-starter with strong technical, interpersonal, teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces” for 7 of the past 8 years
- Capital is a company that values safety – we have worked 15+ years Lost Time Injury Free (since April 2004)
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching plan, sick leave, 100% company paid health benefits premiums and EFAP program
- Work life balance with flexible work schedules, including an option of a 4-day work week schedule
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with modern office facilities, free parking, conveniently located near amenities and public transit. Our office includes a games room and an exercise gym with change rooms and showers
- Opportunities to participate in Edmonton in many company sponsored extra-curricular events, including the Edmonton and Area Corporate Challenge
This is a full-time permanent position located in Edmonton.
For more information on Capital Engineering, please visit us online at
www.capitaleng.ca or visit our instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/capitaleng/
Capital Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However, only those candidates considered for employment will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.