Imagine a career where you can positively impact the future of children. We are looking for more than just your education and qualifications. We desire people who want more than a job, we are looking for exceptional, engaged, excited and dedicated educators. If you’re looking for one of the most rewarding and important jobs in the world, you’ve come to the right place. Not only are we a home-away-from-home for the children we care for, but we’d like to think that we are that for our staff too!
BrightPath Kids is looking to hire a qualified and experienced Part Time Creative Movement Teacher for our BrightPath Mississauga Locations. Do you have what it takes to teach our eager students in a fun constructive way?
At BrightPath we have multiple school locations allowing creative movement teachers to operate under a very flexible schedule. Our intercurricular creative movement programming allows for flexibility while moving from school to school. THIS PROGRAM IS OFFERED TO CHILDREN RANGING FROM 0-6 YEARS OF AGE. Need to be able to program fun interactive activities suitable for infant, toddler and preschool classrooms.
Qualifications and Obligations
- Will be responsible to work in both large and small groups with the classrooms, gym, or studio.
- Introduce the basics of foundation of Dance and building on the language at the rate of the children’s development.
- Fitness instruction, Yoga, stretch, zumbia can be incorporated where developmentally appropriate.
- Will be required to provide their own material they would like to use to teach with.
- Will be required to constantly be working on new material to continue to assist with expanding the children’s skill level.
- Fluent English.
- Dance Teaching Experience.
- Experience with young children in a variety of age groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills to gain trust and respect of children and their parents.
- Demonstrate our philosophy - Develop the Mind. Nourish the Body. Inspire the Soul.
- Demonstrate skills working as a team and enjoy a team environment.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Experience in planning and implementing programs.
To be Successful at BrightPath you Need:
- Training in dance technique in jazz/creative styles.
- An ability to teach a program for preschool/kindergarten age children.
- Participants work with our instructors in a non-competitive, fun and safe environment while gaining body awareness and strength.
- Understanding of dance technique and dance vocabulary.
- Comfortable working with preschool/kindergarten age children.
- Ability to run an in-classroom dance class (warm up, across the floor/mats, creative dance, stretch, fitness activities).
- A Passion for dance education and physical fitness
- Knowledge of Dance and Gross Motor Activities that are fun with movement is an expectation
- Understanding of early physical literacy.
- Preparedness and Timeliness.
- Strong communication skills.
- An individual who reflects a strong work ethic.
- 2+ years of teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Relate and communicate positively with parents.
- Dependability, timeliness, flexibility and adaptability are a must!
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Up to date first aid including CPR Certificate.
- Vulnerable sector check within the last 6 months.
- Up to date immunization records.
- Early Childhood Educator or Assistant certification is an asset.
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) Must be a member in good standing with the Ontario College of ECE is an asset.
- Or be an Ontario Certified Teacher in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers is an asset.
- Other Equivalent Training Certification in Dance is an asset.
Our Employees Enjoy:
- A competitive compensation package, including group benefits & paid sick leave for fulltime permanent employees.
- A 40 % discount on child care for their Child(ren).
- A Tuition Reimbursement Program to support and encourage professional growth.
- Ongoing training and development and great career opportunities.
- A long-term position may be possible.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to Patricia (Trish) Nowlan with centre location you are interested in applying for to TNowlan@BrightPathKids.com or Recreation@BrightPathKids.com
Join the BrightPath team today!..................…the Journey begins here.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Please note that part of our recruitment and selection process includes references and background checks. Our background checks include criminal, education, and employment checks.
- BrightPath Child Care is committed to equity in the workplace.
BrightPath is an innovative provider of early childhood education. We continuously examine new ways to bring the highest quality of care and development to our children while providing convenience, service and value to our families. With partnerships in curriculum, nutrition, technology and recreational fitness programming, BrightPath is committed to providing families with the very best care, programs and child development Canada has to offer.
Above all else, nothing should take precedence over the well-being and safety of our children. BrightPath is dedicated to providing the very best environment for children to play, grow and develop.