Imagine a career where you can positively impact the future of children. We are looking for a cook that has a passion for cook health nutritious meals. If you’re looking for one of the most rewarding and important jobs in the world, you’ve come to the right place. Not only are we a home-away-from-home for the children we care for, but we’d like to think that we are that for our staff too!
BrightPath Kids is looking to hire Full Time (CONTRACT) Cook with Food Handling Certification, for their VAN KIRK BRAMPTON location.
To carry out the preparation of food for the children in the service, working as part of a team to create a safe, caring and educational place for children. The cook must treat every child with respect, and be aware of all children with food allergies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Organize orders for bulk food buying, weekly and daily shopping and fresh food
· Maintaining and ordering kitchen supplies
· Prepare meals as per centre requirements
· Assist staff with serving food; carrying trays to the classrooms
· Clearing away after meals
· Wash dishes and equipment as required
· Responsible for the safety in the kitchen environment
· Communicating with Centre Educators with regard to the particular diets
· Caring and friendly towards staff, children and parents
· Committed member of the BrightPath Kids staff
· Strong commitment to self-improvement and attention to detail
· Ability to follow policy and procedure with a clear understanding of Child Care and Early Years Act 2014 requirements, and regional Public Health policies.
· Effective time management skills
· 1-3 years’ experience cooking for groups
· Food Handling Certificate
· ECE Certification would be considered an asset
· Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Effective time management skills
· A current Criminal Check & Vulnerable Sector screening
· Current Standard First Aid and infant child CPR
· Up to date immunization and Health assessment as per the local Minister of Health Requirements
Our Employees Enjoy:
· A competitive compensation package, including group benefits & paid sick leave
· A 40 % discount on child care for their Child(ren)
· A Tuition Reimbursement Program to support and encourage professional growth
· Ongoing training and development and great career opportunities.
· A long-term position
Barrie, Bolton, Brampton, Burlington, Cambridge, Georgetown, Kitchener, Markham, Milton, Mississauga, Newmarket, Oakville, Ottawa, Vaughan, Waterdown, and Windsor
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to Patricia Nowlan with centre location you are interested in applying for to
Or apply at our website https://brightpathkids.com/careers/
Join the BrightPath team today!..................…the Journey begins here
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that part of our recruitment and selection process includes references and background checks. Our background checks include criminal, education, and employment checks.
BrightPath Child Care is committed to equity in the workplace.
BrightPath is an innovative provider of early childhood education. We continuously examine new ways to bring the highest quality of care and development to our children while providing convenience, service and value to our families. With partnerships in curriculum, nutrition, technology and recreational fitness programming, BrightPath is committed to providing families with the very best care, programs and child development Canada has to offer.
Above all else, nothing should take precedence over the well-being and safety of our children. BrightPath is dedicated to providing the very best environment for children to play, grow and develop.