Dynamysk Automation Ltd. is a fully integrated provider of automation and commissioning services throughout Western Canada.
We are currently recruiting for a talented Senior Controls System Integrator / IT Specialist for our client in northern Alberta
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible to oversee maintenance and operations of multiples servers: database, and application servers
- Deploy and administrate a Windows corporate environment, including Windows Server, Active Directory (GPO’s OU’s, User Permissions, etc.), Microsoft Exchange, IIS, SQL Server, etc.
- Ensuring that proper server backup and recovery strategy as well as disaster recovery and business continuity practices are followed.
- Oversee the process of troubleshooting for server issues, know how to identify, diagnose, and resolve problems, document the solution, and track issues whether it’s network, host, or operating systems.
- Interpretation of customer requirements, sequences of operation, project related drawings and specifications
- control system software design and programming, for PLC’s, HMI’s, MCC’s, VFD’s, Historian’s
Installing, maintaining and supporting a variety of software systems
Installing, maintaining and supporting hardware, including: Servers, PC’s, laptops
- Microsoft Windows Client and Server Operating Systems
- Virtualization experience (Hyper-V, VMWare or other hypervisors)
- Understanding of network fundamentals (TPC\IP, Routing, VLAN, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies
- Communication experience with one of the following: DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, Profibus, Fiber optic networks or others.
- Strong software computer skills including MS Office and SQL
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Application for workstation and Server environments
- Server Buildup
- OPC Interfacing Protocol Configuration/Troubleshooting
- MODBus Interfacing Protocol Configuration/Troubleshooting
- Has a high level of knowledge of network communication in general – TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, SNTP, DHCP, security, etc
- Understands industrial communication – from physical layers like serial and TCP/IP to application layers with polled and event—based communication protocols/drivers
- Progressive success in engineering/technologist experience in high volume, fast-paced industrial environments.
- Able to adapt to various situations quickly, while adhering to daily deadlines.
- Strong software computer proficiencies - Word, Excel Access and Outlook
- Superb communication, written, spoken, consultative.
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Automation, Instrumentation or Computer Science Engineering/Technology Diploma.
- Prefer 5+ years of experience in Oil/Gas, Manufacturing, Mining, Pulp and Paper.
Dynamysk is a Canadian enterprise specializing in delivering fully integrated life-cycle solutions in the industrial instrumentation, controls and electrical (ICE) disciplines. This includes all phases of a project from Engineering through Fabrication, Construction, Commissioning and Maintenance. Our foundation is a history of Determination, Dedication and Drive with respect to adding value to our client’s business within Canada and abroad. Dynamysk’s business execution model, domain and trademarked innovative solution expertise has proven to reduce project schedules, costs and risks for our clients.