Carmacks Enterprises is seeking Concrete Labourers. Work is located in Edmonton and surrounding area.
The Concrete Labourer is an entry level worker, performing a broad array of routine tasks needed to ensure day to day operations run smoothly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Load, unload and move construction materials around the work-site;
- Dig and fill holes where heavy equipment is not practical;
- Level asphalt to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel;
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites;
- Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers as directed;
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labour;
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for pouring concrete
- Clean work site of any tools, debris and equipment;
- Must be physically fit and able to bend over for long periods of time
- Basic carpentry skills and ability to read construction plans considered an asset
- Minimum Class 5 Drivers License with a clean driving record
- Reliable transportation is required
- 3-5 years’ experience; Concrete construction background a definite asset
If you are someone with outstanding work ethic, enjoy the rewards of an honest day’s work within a team environment, and want to work with a growing company that values it’s Employees, we want to hear from you!
These are seasonal position. Employees will be working in various locations throughout the Edmonton and area. There may be extended/ sporadic schedules due to uncertain weather. You must be physically fit and able to work long hours. Overtime and weekend work is required. Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements..
Carmacks Enterprises Ltd.
Since 1974, the Carmacks organization has grown from a small municipal road contractor to a multi-faceted general civil construction service and highway maintenance organization handling all aspects of heavy civil construction, operating throughout Western Canada.
The scope of projects undertaken by Carmacks over the years has varied from small asphalt repairs in earlier times, to today’s contracts of multi-million dollar value with parallel degrees of complexity. Work undertaken varies from small, short term jobs to P3 contract/maintenance projects which extend over 30 years. Our acquired work is the result of the public tender process along with directly negotiated contracts with the private sector. We enjoy numerous relationships with customers who continually contract our organization to ensure professional, market priced, quality construction services.
The nature of services performed includes highway construction, highway maintenance, industrial site construction, bridge construction repair and maintenance, municipal construction, aggregate supply as well as other related heavy civil projects.
Carmacks Group is managed by a team of dedicated, long term employees, each with their own area of expertise. Our workforce combines skilled and experienced project managers, estimators, supervisors, operators and labourers into the team required to complete projects to the most exacting standards. Today we have over 300 employees, all contributing to the success of the organization.