Carmacks Enterprises is seeking Concrete Finishers. Work is located in Edmonton and surrounding area.
The Concrete Finisher is required to perform a variety of tasks including placing, finishing, protecting and repairing concrete. They are responsible for creating a smooth and finish to freshly poured concrete.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Form up curbs and sidewalks pour and finish them;
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade;
- Fill hollows and remove high spots to smooth freshly poured concrete;
- Level top surface of concrete according to grade and depth specifications using either a hand trowel, long handled “bull float” or powered float;
- Cut joints/grooves in concrete with edging tools to help control cracking;
- Finish concrete surfaces using hand and power tools;
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces;
- Read blueprints and layout for placement and tying rebar;
- Signal and direct pumping from concrete mixing trucks;
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for pouring concrete
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience of Concrete Finishing in a Municipal setting
- Minimum Class 5 Drivers License with a clean driving record
- Knowledge of City of Edmonton specs would be considered an asset
Carmacks Enterprises Ltd.
Since 1974, the Carmacks organization has grown from a small municipal road contractor to a multi-faceted general civil construction service and highway maintenance organization handling all aspects of heavy civil construction, operating throughout Western Canada.
The scope of projects undertaken by Carmacks over the years has varied from small asphalt repairs in earlier times, to today’s contracts of multi-million dollar value with parallel degrees of complexity. Work undertaken varies from small, short term jobs to P3 contract/maintenance projects which extend over 30 years. Our acquired work is the result of the public tender process along with directly negotiated contracts with the private sector. We enjoy numerous relationships with customers who continually contract our organization to ensure professional, market priced, quality construction services.
The nature of services performed includes highway construction, highway maintenance, industrial site construction, bridge construction repair and maintenance, municipal construction, aggregate supply as well as other related heavy civil projects.
Carmacks Group is managed by a team of dedicated, long term employees, each with their own area of expertise. Our workforce combines skilled and experienced project managers, estimators, supervisors, operators and labourers into the team required to complete projects to the most exacting standards. Today we have over 300 employees, all contributing to the success of the organization.