Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oilsands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether we are in the field or back at our offices, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Civil Structural Designer to join our team.
What is the role?
- Provide high quality CAD-based design drawings, details, sketches and 3D models that are Civil/Structural related and support for other disciplines such as Piping, Mechanical, Materials Handling, Electrical and Automation.
- Produce 2D structural design drawings for concrete, structural steel structures and foundations.
- Produce 3D and 2D civil grading drawings including plan view, alignments and quantities.
- Produce 3D models using Navisworks and Smart Plant 3D.
- Check the accuracy and quality of drawings developed by others based upon information conveyed by engineering calculations and sketches, equipment and discipline drawings, governing design codes, standards, and good engineering practices.
- Review vendor shop drawings for conformance to design drawings.
- Perform site inspections to verify as-built conditions and to develop scope.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines such as Piping, Mechanical, Materials Handling, Electrical and Automation in projects assigned.
- Use AutoCAD, MicroStation Revit, Inroads and Civil 3D software to develop design drawings and models. Other Computer Design/Drafting equipment/software may be required to meet customer requirements.
What do we value?
- Minimum 10+ years of experience.
- Experience in oil & gas, oilsands, refinery and industrial projects
- Registration or eligibility with ASET
- A self-starter with strong technical, interpersonal, teamwork, communication and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces” for 7 of the past 8 years
- Capital is a company that values safety – we have worked 15+ years Lost Time Injury Free (since April 2004)
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching plan, sick leave, 100% company paid health benefits premiums and EFAP program
- Work life balance with flexible work schedules, including an option of a 4-day work week schedule
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with modern office facilities, free parking, conveniently located near amenities and public transit. Our office includes a games room and an exercise gym with change rooms and showers
- Opportunities to participate in Edmonton in many company sponsored extra-curricular events, including the Edmonton and Area Corporate Challenge
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.