Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oilsands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sectors throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management and multi-discipline engineering/design in order to efficiently support sustaining capital projects from engineering to construction support to C&SU activities. Whether we are in the field or back at our offices, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Building Services Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
What is the role?
- Review, comment and/or P.Eng stamp of all mechanical project deliverables such as; engineering drawings (layouts, plans, details, schematics, indexes, schedules, tables, etc.), material take-offs, construction work scope documents, studies, reports, calculations, specifications
- Ensure all deliverables are compliant to relevant codes and standards and compliance to relevant clients standards
- Correspond with designers as required to ensure project deliverables are compliant to project requirements and expectations
- Correspond with project manager to ensure project requirements and expectations are understood
- Provide mechanical input into project cost estimates and input into mechanical engineering/design estimates
- Perform interdisciplinary drawing reviews as necessary and coordinates with other engineering disciplines
- Coordinate and review vendor supplied drawings/information and incorporate into project design/ deliverables
- Enforce all quality assurance activities with designers on project deliverables
If you have an Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering, a Professional Engineer designation recognized by APEGA, and a minimum of 5-15 years of relevant experience, we want to hear from you!
What do we value?
- Wide knowledge in various fields of building services mechanical engineering including HVAC, plumbing and fire protection
- All candidates must be fluent in both written and spoken English
- Experience in building mechanical systems on industrial sites is preferable
- A self-starter with strong technical, interpersonal, teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience in ASHRAE, CSA, ABC, NFPA codes
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces” for 7 of the past 8 years
- Capital is a company that values safety – we have worked 15+ years Lost Time Injury Free (since April 2004)
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching plan, sick leave, 100% company paid health benefits premiums and EFAP program
- Work life balance with flexible work schedules, including an option of a 4-day work week schedule
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with modern office facilities, free parking, conveniently located near amenities and public transit. Our office includes a games room and an exercise gym with change rooms and showers
- Opportunities to participate in Edmonton in many company sponsored extra-curricular events, including the Edmonton and Area Corporate Challenge
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.