AUTISM THERAPIST POSITIONS – The ETOBICOKE CHILDREN CENTRE
Full-Time, Part Time, Hourly - Contract
The Etobicoke Children's Centre (The ECC) provides high quality Autism and Mental Health services in the Etobicoke area. Currently The ECC is seeking Therapists to deliver behaviour services based on Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). We are committed to helping children and youth develop skills and experience success at home, school, childcare, and in the community through coordinated services.
The Autism Therapist will be responsible for delivery of direct service using the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) in a one-to-one or a small group setting. As a member of the Autism Clinical staff team, the Autism Therapist will participate in the treatment planning process in consultation with parents and relevant others where needed.
- Provide Behaviour Intervention in a one-to-one, or small group setting
- Monitor clients’ progress and effectiveness of individualized programs
- Prepare teaching materials
- Record and graph treatment data
- Write Progress notes and reports where applicable
- Identify exceptional circumstances, regarding changes to the treatment plan
- Participate with parents and team members in the treatment planning process as needed
- Diploma/degree in Behavioural Science technology or related field
- 1- 2 years’ experience working with the special needs children
- Previous parent training and/or parent education experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of childhood development (preschool and latency age)
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Cultural competence
- Evening and Saturday hours may be required
The successful candidate will be required to provide a current, satisfactory police reference check, including a vulnerable sector screening.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resume and cover letter through our online application system located under “Employment Opportunities” at www.etobicokechildren.com
The ECC is an employment equity employer and encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds.
Accommodations are made available for candidates with disabilities during our recruitment process.
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Etobicoke Children's Centre
The ECC is an accredited Children’s Mental Health Centre located in West Toronto. The ECC’s staff are trained and skilled in providing effective mental health and autism services for children, youth and their families. The ECC’s services include workshops, consultation, training and treatment.