Toronto Autism Services is a partnership of six agencies (Surrey Place Centre, Geneva Centre for Autism, Adventure Place, Aisling Discoveries Child and Family Centre, Kerry’s Place Autism Services and The Etobicoke Children’s Centre), working together to provide the highest quality Autism Services to children and youth with autism. Surrey Place Centre is the lead agency in the partnership providing leadership and direction to ensure fidelity of the clinical model and consistency of delivery across the partner agencies. As such, the Autism Supervisor is dually accountable for his/her performance to the Director, Autism Services at The ECC and to the Clinical Supervisor, from Surrey Place Centre.
The Autism Supervisor, Toronto Autism Services, leads and supervises a team of Therapists delivering behaviour services based on Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). S/he ensures clients’ families receive support in matters related to behavioural interventions at home and in the community. This is a contract opportunity with the potential for extension.
As a member of the Management Team, the Autism Supervisor is responsible for implementing and monitoring the Centre’s strategic plan as it relates to the program’s purpose and is responsible for the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the program.
Clinical Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Conduct functional and behavioural assessments
- Develop and /or approve individual treatment programs for children and youth
- Design and write clinical programs
- Participate in the treatment planning process
- Conducts on-site supervision of direct service delivery
- Ensure the clinical program is delivered according to prescribed standards of service and clinical practice
- Provide training for parents related to behavioural intervention at home and in the community
- Assist in the delivery of Family Support Services
- Supervise and evaluate Therapists
- Train new Therapists following initial provincial training
- Support ongoing training and professional development of Therapists
- Contribute to effective cross-sector linkages
- Other duties as assigned and relevant to this position
- Carry out administrative functions in support of service delivery
- Provide administrative supervision to a team of therapists
- Monitor performance standards and complete ongoing learning plans and performance appraisals
- Participate in, and contribute to, the Centre’s Leadership and Management functions
- Participate in, and contribute to Toronto Autism Services partnership
- Must possess a Master’s degree in psychology or related field with current clinical expertise and knowledge
- Must have 3 to 5 years’ work experience in the provision of ABA to children and or youth with autism, or relevant experience
- Must possess the Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) certification in good standing or has met the eligibility criteria to write the BCBA certification exam
- Must have a thorough understanding of principles and conceptual issues of ABA
- Proficiency in both PC and Mac operating systems, including software specific to the services
- Must be able to work Flexible hours as working evenings and weekends may be required
- Experience in supervising employees and handling employee relations inquiries
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and administrative skills
- Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- French Communication skills are considered an asset
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles
- Must have a strong work ethic, that includes but is not limited to:
- Regular and consistent attendance
The successful candidate will be required to have a satisfactory police check, including a vulnerable sector screening.
The Etobicoke Children's Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resume by December 14, 2018 through our online application system located at www.etobicokechildren.com/Employment-Opportunities.
Accommodations are made available for candidates with disabilities during our recruitment process. Should you require accommodation at any point within the application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Etobicoke Children's Centre
The ECC is an accredited Children’s Mental Health Centre located in West Toronto. The ECC’s staff are trained and skilled in providing effective mental health and autism services for children, youth and their families. The ECC’s services include workshops, consultation, training and treatment.