Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team.
Our Edmonton office is seeking an Accounting Clerk. This position reports to the Interim Controller and is responsible for supporting both Accounting and Travel functions within the Accounting Team. The Accounting Clerk must also act as an employee advocate, while ensuring their efforts are in the best interest of Capital Engineering.
- Perform day to day accounts payable functions such as entering invoices into our accounting system, preparing cheque runs, and making credit card payments.
- Complete bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly invoices to clients.
- Complete project set up in accounting system (i.e. client creation, job creation, and adding team members).
- Maintain filing system for the Accounting Department.
- Administrative approval of timesheets and expenses.
- Assist travel coordinator by booking flights, accommodations and vehicle rentals when required for business travel.
- Maintaining site access training and badge records.
- Support the Interim Controller in all other functions on an as needed basis.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a team that has been recognized 7 times as one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces”.
- Capital is a company that values safety – we have worked 16+ years Lost Time Injury Free (since April 2004).
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching plan, sick leave, 100% company paid health benefit premiums and EFAP program.
- Work life balance with flexible work schedules, including an option of a 4-day work week schedule.
- Excellent work environment with modern office facilities, free parking, conveniently located near amenities and public transit. Our office includes a games room and an exercise gym with change rooms and showers.
- Opportunities to participate in many company sponsored extra-curricular events, including the Edmonton and Area Corporate Challenge.
- Post-secondary accounting certificate or diploma.
- 2+ years of experience in operational accounting with specific knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
- Great communication skills, organizational skills and time management.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV (or similar accounting system) and working in a small to medium sized company is considered an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Ability to work independently and within a small team.
Qualified candidates may submit their cover letter, resume and salary expectations in confidence to Amy Lee, Controller, at firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will be closed once a suitable candidate is found. Please visit us on the web at www.capitaleng.ca to learn more about us.
Capital Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However, only those candidates considered for employment will be contacted.
Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in Edmonton that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oil sands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether in the field or back at our home office, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.